Yesterday, I went roaming thru my blog post stats and found some very nice ranking results. Like I'm ranking posts in the top 3 out of millions in Google search results, and with posts that have staying power (they're old and still rank high.) So, please forgive my intrusion into the usual theme of this blog, but I'm republishing my post from yesterday on my Writer-Lawyer blog here on Everyday Simplicity (and on Backseat Lawyer and Rebecca Kennedy, too) as an experiment - to see what happens, stat-wise ....
This afternoon, I stopped to check the stats for my personal blogs and found some nice ranking results. I do this a lot, but today I actually stopped to make a little tally.
I've listed some of them here, and these searches are accurate as of today's date - using only Google. I have results in Yahoo, Bing, Ask, AOL, etc. but I chose only to check Google Search Results and only through the past couple of days ranking results as recorded by StatCounter. For some, I saved the ranking search results in OneNote, but this got to be time-consuming so I didn't do this for everything on the list.
And while I write professionally for several blogs/blawgs, these ranking results are only for my personal blogs - as well as a little tidbit at the end where I blogged for a couple of friends and kept track on StatCounter for them, too. No waiver of client confidentiality here.
The biggest search result?
ranking 2 out of 1.75 billion for a two month old post
1,750,000,000 and my post ranks number two, after being published in June 2009 (see no. 1 under Backseat Lawyer).
The second largest search result?
ranking 3 out of 77 million for a 3 year old post
77,300,000 and my post ranks number three, after being published in August 2006 (it's three years old) (see no. 5 under Rebecca Kennedy's Blog).
Oldest post still getting strong results?
The 2005 post that still ranks no. 7 out of 23,400,000 -- see no. 4 listed under Rebecca Kennedy's Blog.
Google Search Results - Backseat Lawyer Blog Post Ranking Examples
1. my post is ranking no. 2 out of 1,750,000,000 (yes, that's billion) for the search "how will michael jackson death affect his life insurance pay out"- I published it on 06/28/09;
2. my post is ranking no. 1 out of 5,120,000 for the search "casey anthony employment universal"- I pubished it on 08/09/08;
3. my post is ranking no. 8 out of 2,620,000 for the search "billings murder fla" - I published it on 07/23/09;
4. My post is ranking no. 5 out of 1,320,000 for the search "jose baez", published on 01/15/09; and
5. the same post regarding "jose baez" is ranking no. 3 out of 894,000 for the search "jose baez bio" - I published it on 01/15/09.
Google Search Results for Rebecca Kennedy's Blog Post Ranking Examples
1. my post is ranking no. 3 out of 49,700,000 for the search "thriller vs. mystery"- I published it on 11/24/06;
2. my post is ranking no. 1 out of 33,200,000 for the search "how to write a book in six weeks"- I published it on 09/16/06;
3. the same post as above is ranking no. 2 out of 28,300,000 for the search "how to write a book in two weeks"- I published it on 09/16/06;
4. my post is ranking no. 7 out of 23,400,000 for the search "book length in words" - I published it on 12/14/05; and
5. my post is ranking no. 3 out of 77,300,000 for the search "what is isbn?" - I published it on 08/12/06.
Google Search Results for Everyday Simplicity Post Ranking Examples
1. my post is ranking no. 3 out of 30,400,000 for the search "cleaning burnt pans" - I published it on 01/11/06;
2. my post is ranking no. 2 out of 19,200,000 for the search "tips for surviving a depression" - I published it on 11/28/08;
3. my post is no. 1 out of 1,200,000 for the search "coca cola made with sugar" - I published it ranking n 04/10/09;
4. my post is ranking no. 2 out of 1,480,000 for the search " becoming an ex-patriate" - I published it on 01/16/06, and if you take out the hyphen to create the word "expatriate" in the search, then the post becomes no. 2 out of 640,000;
5. my post is ranking no. 4 out of 4,300,000 for the search "products made from petroleum" - I published it on 06/15/07.
And I did a quick check for other blogs ....
Google Search Results for Jean Jennings' Blog
(Jean's blog is dormant but it's still getting some great results for her.)
1. my post is ranking no. 2 out of 5380 for the search "Bexar County Jury Duty," and ranking no. 4 out of 59,200 for "San Antonio Jury Duty" ... the post was published 07/07/08 and while these aren't high volume searches, Jean gets steady traffic from a targeted group -- she's a practicing criminal defense/CPS attorney in San Antonio, Bexar County;
2. my post is ranking no. 2 out of 3,220,000 for the search "san antonio jail visiting hours" - published 08/02/08, another targeted group for Jean's local criminal defense practice; and
3. my post is ranking no. 6 out of 2,510,000 for the search "search warrant examples" - published 08/09/08.
Google Search Results for Judge Tom Rickhoff's Blog
(Judge Rickhoff's blog was recently reactivated after being dormant for an extended period of time)
1. my post is ranking no. 1 out of 458,000 for the search "Not Forgotten Coalition" - published 04/25/06.