|Apocalypse by |
Ludwig Schnorr von Carolsfeld
Remember, though, that Jesus warned that there would be those we should most assuredly avoid.(Matthew 24: 24-25) If you decide to learn more about the End Times, then recognize that you're gonna find some false prophets out there.
- Storm Warning by Rev. Billy Graham (Thomas Nelson 1995);
- The Second Coming: Signs of Christ's Return and the End of the Age by John MacArthur (Crossway Books 2006); and
- When Jesus Returns by David Pawson (True Potential Publishing, Inc.; North American edition (2008)) .
I'm not recommending these as the best of the best, just as a good starting point if you're interested in eschatology -- which actually has four different schools, or perspectives, on the Book of Revelation and the End Times themselves: the preterist, historicist, futurist and idealist schools of interpretation.
There are, of course, the more popular (best seller) reads available for you, too. You may recognize them, both for their popularity as books and because each was made into a movie:
- The Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins; and
- The Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey and C.C. Carlson.
Whatever you do, remember fear is your enemy. Don't study this stuff to fuel fear.
Study this stuff to become stronger, wiser, and more confident in your faith. God is in control, and everything really is going to be okay.