Freeflys.com, as recommended by the CouponMom in her email today.You can get lots of free stuff off the web, if you know where to surf. And, there is a website that does a lot of that work for you,
So, I decided to give it a looksie. Here's what I found.
1. First, this site makes you join its membership (at no charge), so you may want to read its privacy statement before giving out your info. The site is upfront that members will be receiving mailings from "Freeflys and its partners" - at least they're letting you know in advance, in bold print, right?
2. I joined. It asks for my home address, etc., which I was hesitant to give. Then I realized that they would need my mailing address to send all the free stuff, right? So I caved.
3. Then I spent a long, long time going through all these windows with "join this survey" stuff. Window after window. Where are the freebies?
4. Finally, after saying No, No, No to all this survey stuff, I get to a page that has a list of the types of samples they offer. They've got the option of an RSS feed for freebies, but it doesn't allow feeds into MyYahoo, Google, etc. (opens to my bookmark menu), so I'm not interested.
5. Then, I go thru the lists. What they're doing is linking you to the manufacturers' sites that also want you to do stuff (like join their Facebook site as a fan, etc.) before you get any free sample. You don't get to just check off which free samples you want.
6. And, after all this time and effort, not that much is being offered. Five samples on the Food items list. I'm not interested in anything here, except for maybe the Green Tea offer. Except I've got a HUGE box of green tea that I already bought in a great deal (I drink a lot of this stuff), so I'm not swooning over a couple of free bags here.
Bottom line: I was disappointed. Maybe you won't be, if you like all this survey stuff and any free sample is fun for you.