March 31, 2013

Who Am I?


Hello, Dear Reader!  So, who the heck is writing this blog?  Well, my name is Reba Kennedy, I'm an official Baby Boomer who's over 50 and under 60 and that's enough about that.  Ahem.  I live a happy life here in San Antonio, Texas, with two great shelter rescue pups in a cute little cottage about ten miles north of the Alamo.

I began living a life of voluntary simplicity several years ago, as part of my Second Life career change from a twenty-plus year AV-rated lawyer to a professional writer. I started this blog in January 2006 in part because I needed to keep track of things I found on the web about this lifestyle in all its facets (food, money, health, fun, etc.).  (There was no Evernote then!)

I also started this blog because I wanted to share what I was learning with others - like you,  Dear Reader.  To share, yes, but truth be told, hopefully also to support those who are finding new ways to live simply.  Many are changing their ways because they've chosen a voluntary simplicity lifestyle for themselves.  However, as we all know, in these past several years lots of folks are living on less because it's forced upon them.




Me, I've been living the simple life for over eight years now, and have been so blessed by choosing this path. It's more than rewarding, it's just plain fun.

But's not easy, and it's not a lazy way of living (though the skeptics assume this quite a bit, I've found).

I want people who read this blog to recognize they are far from alone -- and that living a simpler lifestyle can be a wonderful thing.  I hate the thought that people might be discouraged or even ashamed about living this way.

Lots of what you'll find on Everyday Simplicity is stuff that pertains to lots of folks.  In the months to come, though, I'm thinking that I will be sharing not only more of my personal trek but also targeting Baby Boomers, and especially female Boomers who are facing their 50s, 60s, etc. with simplicity in mind.

Dear Reader, bottom line, I am downright passionate about the simplicity lifestyle.  I would never go back to the materialistic, ambitious, stressful way of life that I lived long ago.  I think you may find it just as rewarding.

Less really is more. Wow.

I hope you find Everyday Simplicity helpful.  I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment or send me a quick note at rebakennedy at gmail.com.

Thanks, and God bless you and yours!

Reba Kennedy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read your thoughts on Pope Francis beautifully stated came across it looking for a recipe.Great thoughts to start my day

Unknown said...

Hi Anon,
Well, you've made my day by taking the time to write a comment this morning - I'm so happy that you liked what I wrote about Pope Francis.

Thanks for writing and God bless you, Anon!
Reba

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...