During the first week of this month, I went to the grocery store with a list and a plan and a $100 bill. I thought I'd leave there with a lot more than $3.78 in my pocket.
So, I've decided to track food prices this year, and share my findings with you. Here are ten items from that January 2008 grocery receipt and their corresponding prices:
1. Dole Yellow Bananas .39/lb
2. Small Limes - 5/$1.00
3. Store Brand Cage Free Brown Eggs - 1 Dozen $1.99
4. Silk Unsweetened SoyMilk 1/2 Gallon - $2.79
5. Store Brand 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup - $0.75
6. Store Brand Diced Tomatoes Canned 15 oz. - $.059
7. Regular Ground Beef Chuck 70/30 16 oz. - 2.08
8. Suave Invisible Solid Powder Deodorant - $1.48
9. Store Brand Frozen Green Sweet Peas 16 oz. - $0.92
10. Barilla Plus MultiGrain Rotini Pasta 16 oz. box - $1.65.
Let's see what happens.