|John Wooden (1910 -2010)|
Shown at his 96th Birthday Celebration
Wikipedia public doman
- Be true to yourself.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Help others.
- Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
- Make friendship a fine art.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day.
- Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every day.
According to John Wooden, he never met a greater man than his dad. What a wonderful thing for this accomplished leader to say, right?
In an interview that John Wooden gave back in 1996, he gave some other pearls of wisdom he learned from his dad, that he called the "Two Sets of Threes":
"Never lie, never cheat and never steal."
"Don't whine, don't complain and don't alibi."
Rest in Peace, Coach Wooden.